Music can make me feel like nothing and no one else can. It can lift me out of bad moods faster than anything. It can bring me to tears in seconds with a chord that vibrates throughout my being. It feels like I'm universally tuned to something then. I get these powerful, existence altering chills that make me feel like something so small, but integral in a larger, grander scheme. It's never just one chord specifically. It's the harmonious union of a few flutes, some french horns and a uniquely vocal singer. It's words that emanate from some deep part of me with the soft notes of guitar strings and a relaxing drum beat. It's hard to explain. I need it though. It's a fibrous part of my being. Without it I'd feel tremendously empty. I guess that's why I feel like making music with other people is this awe-inspiring, spiritual experience. A melding of hearts and souls and bodies and minds that is unlike anything else. A few of my friends and I came up with the idea of a talent show to make money for our senior grad night. I've been meaning to ask my friends Taylor and Zach if they would play with me. Probably something from Cute Is What We Aim For or Cartel or Death Cab For Cutie. Anyways.
This post is kind of short, but I've been meaning to write about it all day. My friend Phillip's birthday was today! I went out to dinner with him, his mom, dad, younger sister, and our friend Warren. It was hilarious. Well, that's all. I figured that I also needed a semi happy post. I don't want to be too terribly depressing. :P
"The arch in your eyebrows can tell the truth, just imagine what your back can do and the dance floor where I do my best is your, your mattress. I just gave myself the shivers and that's what you get when you think about her, and I just gave myself the shivers and that's what you get. That's what you get..." - Sweet Talk 101, Cute Is What We Aim For
No comments:
Post a Comment