Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In Which There Are Switchblades, Necromorphs and Apprehensions

     So, last week, a crazy and massive snow/ice storm hit Texas and we had Tuesday through Friday off. I loved the break, but hated it at the same time because now we've missed four days of play rehearsals and my AP classes are making up for lost time. Yay. Today, school was out again so instead of it being a complete waste, two friends and I went searching for a pair of identical switchblades for the play. We went to The Square which is our counties beautiful courthouse surrounded by one way roads on four sides and then there are shops on all of those streets. Side by side are The Mini Mall and The Mini Mall II which are...curiosity shops? I don't know. Basically within each humongous store are little stalls where individuals sell their personal items through the Mini Mall and the Mini Mall receives a percentage of the profit. Anywho, I now possess a switchblade and they're dangerously fun! Even though I hated The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, I feel like the cool version of a greaser. Teeheehee...
     I need Dead Space 2. Dead Space was amazing and I can't stop playing it in my spare time. I played through first on Easy and now I'm going to try Impossible. Or Hard. Whichever is hardest. Isaac Clarke is tough. For a Survival Horror genre game, I was expecting to be extremely frightened, but I wasn't. When I mentioned this to someone, they responded, "You weren't playing it right then."...I played it alone... at night... in the dark... can there be a more appropriate place to play it in other than a dilapidated cabin in the middle of the woods with doors hanging off their hinges and no lights other than the moon shining in through the shattered windows and the TV screen? Which I would never do? Jesus. Anywho, I need it. That is all.
     I found out today that some of my fears are confirmed. My friend's boyfriend is definitely cheating on them. I don't have proof, but, I'm 99.975% positive along with two other people. What can I do? She wouldn't believe me without proof and I have none, yet I want to spare her of the months and years later in which it will hurt infinitely worse. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place and not in a good way. I'm sorry, I had to say that. She's stuck in a worse place and the most terrible thing is that she doesn't even know it. She has this utter faith in someone and they're quite possibly shattering that faith repeatedly. It pisses me off to no end. I just don't know what to do about it. So that's my current update. Did I mention that I can't wait for May 31st and the Variety Show? I can't. :D
"When the moon fell in love with the sun all was golden in the sky. All was golden when the day met the night. When the sun found the moon she was drinking tea in a garden under the green umbrella trees in the middle of summer. When the moon found the sun he looked like he was barely hanging on, but her eyes saved his life in the middle of summer. In the middle of summer all was golden in the sky. All was golden when the day met the night. Summer. All was golden in the sky. All was golden when the day met the night."- When The Day Met The Night, Panic! At The Disco

No comments:

Post a Comment