Things have gotten terribly, terribly worse and so much better. I won't go into anything more than to say, I am human and I do make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are bigger than I would like to think and sometimes they hurt the people closest to me. All I can do is try to fix these things the best I can. And sometimes, the best way to fix these situations and help these people is to remove myself from the equation. Doesn't mean that I love them any less. Just that they're better off without me.
Now to distract myself from that, my birthday is Friday! That's exactly three days! I'm going with my dad and some friends to get my tattoo after school and then that night is going clubbing with the same friends! Then the next day is a chill movie party for my birthday and friends that can't necessarily join us for clubbing. OMG, and I ordered my ocarina earlier tonight! I cannot wait. I'm going to be chilling around town just playing on the ocarina. No big deal! Random time!
Something random that I think about from time to time is the concept of harmonics and vibrations. You know when you hear the perfect chord or note or tone in a song and you just get chills through your entire being? Well, when the resonant frequency of something is reached, it completely destabilizes it like the wind did to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington. Is that similar to what happens? I mean, a bridge doesn't have emotions obviously, so it was just on a physical level. But when music strikes us, when sound hits us, does it too resonate on some inner frequency that if extended could make our bodies unstable? The atoms vibrating wildly apart until we broke away into nothing? Or is it something spiritual? A chord struck within the soul that is the closest we can get to an ecclesiastical, holy experience. This is why I respect and love music so much. It does something that nothing and no one else can do. Whether it's your favorite dominant chord or the timbre of a voice giving every bit of themselves into the music.
It's another extension of the human spirit and creation like writing. So too can words craft worlds and carry along comforts and occurrences. Some quotes literally complete my entire being. Others steal away the weight of the world. Still more help us to understand the as yet misunderstood or ungrasped. Not that we have not groped blindly in the darkness for it, the effort was there, but enlightenment comes from within externally. If that makes sense. I can't tell you how many times paradoxes make so much more sense than non-contradictory expressions and phrases. Well, I'm tired! An abrupt goodnight to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment